Thursday

Halloween Pupcakes and Pumpkin Biscuits!

Wearing his Halloween Pirate Hat Puff looks like he fears being attacked by the cup cake offered to him by one of the gals from My Best Furry Friend Bakery!!


I suspect that his sad expression is because he has been taught not to take food from strangers and he is bummed that he has to refuse this delectable treat.


To his happy surprise,when we got home, he learned that I had purchased these cute little Halloween pupcakes that were just his size from the bakery and he LOVED them.

In addition, I plan on making this pumpkin biscuit recipe.
I will be adding a pinch of  garlic powder  as dogs love peanut butter and garlic together, I can't imagine why! And tumeric as I like to add tumeric to my dogs diet whenever I can. It has a lot of anti inflammatory properties, is great for arthritic dogs, and adds a really rich color to the biscuits.

Pumpkin Pie Biscuits
Yields 30 biscuits
Ingredients:1 ½ cup unbleached flour
1 cup rolled oats
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger
2 tablespoons canola oil
½ cup pumpkin puree
¼ cup natural unsalted peanut butter
¼ cup filtered water

1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. Measure the flour, rolled oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and ginger into a mixing bowl. Whisk until combined.
3. Make a well in the flour and add the canola oil. Mix on medium speed using a paddle attachment until crumbly. Add the pumpkin and peanut butter, and stir until combined.
4. Add the water all at once and mix until dough forms and all the ingredients are combined.
5. Turn the dough out onto a slightly floured surface and gently knead until dough is smooth and soft. Roll the dough ¼-inch thick and cut the biscuits into desired shapes with cookie cutters.
6. Place the biscuits on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake 12–15 minutes until they are dry and firm to the touch. Turn the oven off and leave the biscuits in another 20–30 minutes. Remove them from the oven, cool them on a baking rack, and store them in a cookie tin.

I don't know why I get excited over dog treats, I can't eat them...or maybe I could.
I know we will all have our dogs dressed in their Halloween costumes to greet kids at the door, but remember to keep the candy away from the dogs and watch for sensory overload...sometimes there is just too much going on and dogs can get stressed out. That being said, here's hoping you and yours have a Happy Howl o ween!